Conference Announcement and Call for Papers on Sustainable Innovation for Enhancing Global Competitiveness in Asian Countries
International Conference on Sustainable Innovation (ICoSi 2012) and 3rd International Joint- Seminar (IJS 2012)
19-21 March 2012, Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta, Indonesia
The era of globalization beginning from the second half of the twentieth century is largely characterized by tremendous changes in physical appearance of human achievements, and these changes evidently remain continue. This is especially demonstrated by breakthroughs in science and technology which constitute a backbone of the modern civilization. While rapid progress of technology gives impetus to vast industrialization that significantly contributes to economic growth of a country, the focus on the short-term economic growth has led to the world’s malaises such as macroeconomic imbalances; moral decadence, family breakthrough; growing inequality and environmental destruction.
To overcome the problems, mutual understanding among nations and countries, and thus among civilizations must be developed by considering inner capacity of every localities and developing the world based on ethical values. Regional consideration in terms of cultural differences, political platform of a country, economic achievements, environmental resources, social capital and the like obtain significance in the regard.
Asian countries can take productive roles as they have shifted from just a home of cheap labor and programming skills to a powerhouse of economic growth generated by innovation in technology. The venture is how Asian countries wisely gear those opportunities to the design and implementation of more sound and sustainable innovation to elevate the Asian countries’ competitive advantages.
The main theme of the conference is “Sustainable innovation for Enhancing Global Competitiveness in Asian Countries”.
The conference welcomes conceptual and research-based papers related to the following sub-themes:
- Enhancement of innovative and effective government in cross cultural and religious perspective
- Policy innovation, mass media, educational and legal governance issues
- Roles of technology in supporting good governance
- Energy conservation in information technology
- Sustainable and conservation issues in built environment
- Innovation is Islamic economies, banking and financial system
- Roles of agriculture in food and energy security
- Trend in agriculture and environment sustainability
- Enhancing environmental quality in food production
- Sustainable innovation in health issues
- Sustainable innovations in disasters management
- Economic development and sustainability
- Innovation, growth and sustainability
- Learning, capability building and innovation
- Innovation studies and sustainability
- Transnational knowledge, technology and governance networks and sustainable innovation
There will be two tracks for abstract submissions; papers and posters. Abstracts should be maximum 500 words and must be submitted online via the conference website: http://icosi.umy.ac.id/online-submission latest by 30 November 2011. Acceptance of all abstracts will be based on relevance for sustainable innovation issues stated in the conference themes, originality and overall quality. Final acceptance of abstract will be communicated by 1 December 2011 via email.
Full papers of 3000-9000 words (maximum) are to be submitted latest by 31 December 2011 (Submission directly in full paper version is accepted although the abstract has not been submitted). Acceptance full paper notification will be informed by 31January 2012.
Click here to see the Paper guideline and structure
- Call for papers, 15 September 2011
- Abstract submission deadline, 30 November 2011
- Acceptance of abstract notification , 1 December 2011
- Full paper submission deadline, 31 December 2011 ((Submission directly in full paper version is accepted although the abstract has not been submitted)
- Acceptance of full paper notification, 31 January 2012
Detail information, please visit: http://icosi.umy.ac.id/call-for-papers